Tuesday 12 February 2013

I Doubt He Reads That Much

Set 

If you look closely at all those books you might just see your name... No? Guess you're just not a stopmoer then (Mr Cox being the exception) I wrote all my class mates names on the books just for a laugh and tried to come up with my own A113. The books where made from small segments of balsa wood covered in loose canvas and painted with acrylic paint. The cupboards were also made from balsa wood and the handles from black sculpey.


I also slipped in a little teaser for my short film coming to town 2013.


Everything on the shelves was made from Fimo Air Dry. I really disliked this material as it shared no similarities in texture or through how you could manipulate it to anything I've worked with before, be it clay plasticine Sculpey. Its an odd material you'll have to have a play with it yourself to understand what I mean,  I only used it as it was free from a tutor and doubt I'll be using it in the future. everything on the shelves are items this teacher has picked up on their travels, its loosely based on my old art room from Secondary School and the teacher is an eerie echo of my old art teacher (Although she was a woman).  The shelves where made from balsa wood and painted in acrylic paint.






The door handle and window were made from Sculpey and painted with acrylic paint. The door itself was a piece of wood covered in a sticker material with a wood effect pattern on it. The skirting boards and door frame are made from balsa wood painted with acrylic paint. 







Finally there was a slot cut into the back of my set to allow a rig to go into the back of my model without being in shot. This would allow me to make my character jump and not have all the nasty work of having to remove a rig frame by frame when editing my film together.


This is my favourite still from my Final Film, I just love how the arms and hands are positioned. It also shows off how well I hid that rig! 





No comments:

Post a Comment